For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. Economies of abandonment: social belonging and endurance in late liberalism Book , Print in English
JC574.P684 2011 c. 1Available
2. Economies of abandonment: social belonging and endurance in late liberalism Book , Online in English2011 .This volume explores how contemporary governments, particularly in settler nations such as Australia and the United States, deflect social responsibility for the crushing harms experienced by communities living at the margins.
3. Life and words: violence and the descent into the ordinary Book , Print in English2007 .Introduction -- The event and the everyday -- The figure of the abducted woman : the citizen as sexed -- Language and body : transactions and the construction of pain -- The act of witnessing : violence, gender, and subjectivity -- Boundaries, violence, and the work of time…
GN635.I4 D2662 2007 c. 1Available
4. Life beside itself: imagining care in the Canadian Arctic Book , Print in English2014 ." In Life Beside Itself, Lisa Stevenson takes us on a haunting ethnographic journey through two historical moments when life for the Canadian Inuit has hung in the balance: the tuberculosis epidemic (1940s to the early 1960s) and the subsequent suicide epidemic (1980s to the…
RC314 .S74 2014 c. 1AvailableInstitute of the History of Medicine Books - Stack Level 6, Welch LibraryRC314 .S74 2014 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Mar 19 2018Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
5. Living and dying in the contemporary world: a compendium Book , Print in English2015 ."This book comprises forty-four chapters by scholars whose ethnographic and historical work is conducted around the globe, including South Asia, East Asia, Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, Europe, and the United States. Bringing together the work of established scholars…
HN18.3.L59 2016 c. 1Available
6. Multitude: war and democracy in the Age of Empire Book , Print in English2004 .
JC423 .H36 2004AvailableJC423.H364 2004 c. 1Available
7. No place for grief: martyrs, prisoners, and mourning in contemporary Palestine Book , Online in English
8. No place for grief: martyrs, prisoners, and mourning in contemporary Palestine Book , Print in English2016 .Introduction -- The grammar of suffering in occupied Palestine -- Domestic uncanniness -- Enduring presents -- On hardship and closeness -- Solitude in marriage -- Enuduring the ordinary -- Conclusion.
HQ1728.5.B83 2016 c. 1Available
9. On the game: women and sex work Book , Print in English2007 .Introduction : public women -- 1. London clinic : anthropology and health -- public clinic : notes, staff and patients -- Sex workers and the clinic -- Handling time -- 2. Simply work -- Separating the world into two parts -- Ideologies and counter-ideologies of the person…
Eisenhower B LevelHQ118.D39 2007 c. 2Available
10. Precarious life: the powers of mourning and violence Book , Print in English