For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. Becoming a woman in the age of letters Book , Print in English
Eisenhower D Level Blue LabelsPQ711.G66 2009 c. 2Available
2. Consumption and the World of Goods Book , Online in English2013 .The study of past society in terms of what it consumes rather than what it produces is - relatively speaking - a new development. The focus on consumption changes the whole emphasis and structure of historical enquiry. While human beings usually work within a single trade or…
3. Consumption and the world of goods Book , Print in English1993 ."Under the direction of Professor John Brewer, the Center for 17th and 18th Century Studies and the Clark Library at UCLA have created an ambitious international programme to analyse the material culture of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries through its patterns of…
HC 79 .C6 C65 1993 c. 1Available
4. Credit, fashion, sex: economies of regard in Old Regime France Book , Online , Print in English2013 .note: ch. 1 Credit and Old Regime Economies of Regard -- ch. 2 Critiques and Crises of the Credit System -- ch. 3 Incredible Style -- Intertwined Circuits of Credit, Fashion, and Sex -- ch. 4 Credit in the Fashion Trades of Eighteenth-Century Paris -- ch. 5 Fashion Merchants…
HG3729.F82 C76 2013 c. 1Available
5. Credit, Fashion, Sex: Economies of Regard in Old Regime France Book , Online in English2013 .Credit, Fashion, Sex is a historical account of how, in Old Regime France, credit was both a central part of economic exchange and a crucial concept for explaining dynamics of influence and power in all spheres of life.
6. The culture of clothing: dress and fashion in the ancien regime Book , Print in English1994 .Pt. 1. Towards a History of Clothing. 1. Clothing or costume? 2. The Quicherat effect and after. 3. History, fashion and clothing systems from the seventeenth to the nineteenth centuries…
GT 857 .R62113 1994 c. 1Available
7. Culture, class, distinction Book , Print in English2009 .
HN385.5.C85 2010 c. 1Available
8. Distinction: a social critique of the judgement of taste Book , Print in English1984 .No judgement of taste is innocent - we are all snobs. This book brilliantly illuminates the social pretentions of the middle classes in the modern world, focusing on the tastes and preferences of the French bourgeoisie. First published in 1979, the book is at once a vast…
DC33.7.B67 2010 c. 1Available
9. The dress of the people: everyday fashion in eighteenth-century England Book , Print in English2007 ."Material things transformed the lives of ordinary English men and women between the restoration of Charles II in 1660 and the Great Reform Act of 1832. Tea and sugar, the fruits of British mercantile and colonial expansion, transformed their diets. Pendulum clocks and…
GT736 .S79 2007 c. 2Available
10. The industrious revolution: consumer behavior and the household economy, 1650 to the present Book , Print in English2008 .The transformation of consumer desire in the long eighteenth century -- The origins of the industrious revolution -- The industrious revolution : the supply of labor -- The industrious revolution : consumer demand -- The breadwinner-homemaker household…
HC79.C6 D42 2008 c. 1Available
11. The Social life of things: commodities in cultural perspective Book , Print in English1986 .
GN450 .S631 1986 c. 1AvailableSAIS Main StacksGN450 .S63 1986Checked outChecked out, Due: Jan 16 2018Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
12. The social life of things: commodities in cultural perspective Book , Online in English1986 .The meaning that people attribute to things necessarily derives from human transactions and motivations, particularly from how those things are used and circulated. The contributors to this volume examine how things are sold and traded in a variety of social and cultural…
13. The social life of things: commodities in cultural perspective Book , Online , Conference in English
14. Stuff Book , Print in English2010 ."Things make us as much as we make things. And yet, unlike the study of languages or places, there is no discipline devoted to the study of material things. This book shows why it is time to acknowledge and confront this neglect and how much we can learn from focusing our…
GN406.M55 2010 c. 1Available