For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. Beyond the pass: economy, ethnicity, and empire in Qing Central Asia, 1759-1864 Book , Print in English
DS793.S62 M535 1998 c. 1Checked out
2. Building culture in early Qing Yangzhou Book , Print in English
DS797.56.Y374 M49 2003 c. 1Checked out
3. Chinese history: a manual Book , Print in English
Eisenhower M Level Reference, Non-CirculatingDS735.W695 2000 c. 1AvailableInstitute of the History of Medicine Reference Books - Rare Book Room, 3rd Fl. Welch LibraryDS735.W695 2000 RBR REF. c. 1Available
4. Chinese history: a new manual Book , Print in English , Chinese2015 ."An indispensable guide to the civilization and history of China. Introduces sources from prehistory to the present and examines the context in which the sources were produced, preserved, and received, the problems of research and interpretation associated with them, and the…
DS735 .W695 2015 QUARTO c. 1Available
5. Chinese law: knowledge, practice and transformation, 1530s to 1950s Book , Print , Conference in English2015 .Classifications of litigation and implications for Qing judicial practice / Jianpeng Deng -- Kinship hierarchies and property institutions in late Qing and Republican China / Taisu Zhang…
KNN107.C48 2015 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Jun 30 2018Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
6. Civil law in Qing and Republican China Book , Print in English1994 .
KNN 1572 .C581 1994 c. 1Available
7. Communication and imperial control in China: evolution of the palace memorial system, 1693-1735 Book , Print in English1970 .
JQ1511 .W9 1970 c. 1Available
8. A court on horseback: imperial touring & the construction of Qing rule, 1680-1785 Book , Print in English2007 .Historical precedents & the multivalence of imperial touring -- "Following ancestors": the ethno-dynastic imperative of imperial touring, 1680s & 1740s -- Putting a court on horseback: the logistics & politics of a moving court…
DS754.82.C47 2007 c. 1Available
9. Crimson rain: seven centuries of violence in a Chinese county Book , Print in English2007 ."This book explores the roots of violence in Chinese rural society over the past 700 years, based on the study of a single highland county, Macheng, Hubei Province, in the Great Divide mountain range separating the Yangzi Valley from the North China Plain. Between the expulsion…
DS797.48.M334 R69 2007 c. 1Available
10. A dictionary of official titles in imperial China: Zhongguo gu dai guan ming ci dian Book , Print in English2008 .
JQ1512.Z13 H83 2008 c. 1Available
11. Disgraceful matters: the politics of chastity in eighteenth-century China Online in English
12. Eminent Chinese of Ch'ing period (1644-1912): Vol. 1, A-O Book , Online in English
13. Eminent Chinese of Ch'ing period (1644-1912): Vol. 2, P-Z Book , Online in English
14. Eminent Chinese of the Ch'ing period (1644-1912) Book , Print in English1943 .I. A-O.--II. P-Z.
Eisenhower B LevelDS734.U65 1943 QUARTO c. 2Multiple Items
George Peabody Library, Non-Circ920.051 U58 QUARTO c. 1Multiple Items
15. Emperor of China: self portrait of Kʻang Hsi Book , Print in English1975 .
DS754.4.C53 A33 1975 c. 1Available
16. The emperor's four treasuries: scholars and the state in the late Chʻien-lung era Book , Print in English1987 .
Eisenhower A LevelAC149.S73 G891 1987 c. 1Available
17. The emperor's four treasuries: scholars and the state in the late Ch'ien-lung era Book , Manuscript/Archive , Online in English , Chinese2013 .pt. ONE QING EMPIRE'S VISION OF THE WORLD -- 1. Wealth of Indias: India in Qing Geographic Practice, 1644-1755 -- pt. TWO FORGING A MULTIETHNIC EMPIRE: THE APEX OF A FRONTIER POLICY -- 2. Conquest of Xinjiang and the Emergence of "Hindustan," 1756-1790…
DS754.18 .M69 2013 c. 1Checked out
19. Geographical sources of Ming-Qing history Book , Print in English1988 .
DS705.5 .B76 1988 c. 1Available
20. The internal organization of Chi̓ng bureaucracy: legal, normative, and communication aspects Book , Print in English1973 .
JQ1509 1644 .M45 c. 1Available
DS754 .L3 1967 c. 1Available
22. The magistrate's tael: rationalizing fiscal reform in eighteenth-century Chʻing China Book , Online , Print in English1985 .
HJ1402 .Z441 1985 c. 1Available
23. Manslaughter, markets, and moral economy: violent disputes over property rights in eighteenth century China Book , Print in English2000 ."China's remarkable economic expansion in the eighteenth century - propelled by large-scale changes in agriculture, demographics, land use, and property rights - had far-reaching social consequences. One important result of the growing population and deepening commercialization…
HN740.Z9 V53 2000 c. 1Available
24. The merchants of Zigong: industrial entrepreneurship in early modern China Book , Print in English2005 .
HF3840.Z54 Z45 2005 c. 1Checked out
25. Monarchs and ministers: the Grand Council in Mid-Chʻing China, 1723-1820 Book , Online , Print in English1991 .
JQ1508 .B37 1991 c. 1AvailableSAIS Main StacksJQ1508 .B37 1991Checked outChecked out, Due: Apr 21 2018Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
26. Monarchy in the emperor's eyes: image and reality in the Chʻien-lung reign Book , Print in English1971 .
DS754.4.C5 K3 1971 c. 1Available
27. Negotiating daily life in traditional China: how ordinary people used contracts, 600-1400 Book , Print in English1995 .1. Why Study Contracts? -- Pt. I. Contracting with People. 2. The State's Reluctance to Recognize Private Contracts. 3. Government Recognition of Contracts. 4. The Age of Governmental Taxation. 5. Contracts under Mongol Rule and Afterward…
KNN 858 .H361 1995 c. 1Available
28. Peking: temples and city life, 1400-1900 Book , Print in English2000 ."This study shows how modern Beijing's glittering image as China's great and ancient capital came into being and reveals the shifting identities of a much more complex past, one whose rich social and cultural history Naquin splendidly evokes. Temples, by providing a place where…
DS795.3.N36 2000 c. 1Available
29. Practicing kinship: lineage and descent in late imperial China Book , Print in English2002 .
GN635.C6 S96 2002 c. 1Available
30. Qing governors and their provinces: the evolution of territorial administration in China, 1644-1796 Book , Print in English2013 .
DS754.25.G89 2013 c. 1Available
31. Qing Jiaqing chao xing ke ti ben she hui shi liao ji kan Book , Print in Chinese2008 .
Eisenhower B LevelHN733.Q27 2008 c. 1Multiple Items
32. Qing shi shi liao xue Book , Print in Chinese2013 .
Eisenhower B LevelDS753.92.F464 2013 c. 1Multiple Items
33. Reading documents: the rebellion of Chung Jen-chieh Book , Print in English1986 .v. 1. Introduction, vocabularies, and notes -- v. 2. Chinese texts.
Eisenhower B LevelDS761.2.K8 1986 QUARTO c. 1Multiple Items
34. Saving the world: Chen Hongmou and elite consciousness in eighteenth-century China Book , Print in English2001 .
DS754.84.C45 R68 2001 c. 1Available
35. Soulstealers: the Chinese sorcery scare of 1768 Book , Print in English1990 .
JQ1508 .K841 1990 c. 1Checked out
36. Tianjin tu shu guan gu ben mi ji cong shu Book , Print in Chinese1999 .
1 ce. Zhou yi za lun jing yi / Lü Zuqian bian. Ding juan Shui an Dang dai shi I jing mo / Tang Binyin zhuan. I li sang fu biao / Jiang Tong zhuan. Li ji can ding / Chen Zhan zhuan. Zhi yan / Niu Yingyun zhuan…
Eisenhower A LevelAC149.T54 1999 c. 1Multiple Items
37. Upriver journeys: diaspora and empire in southern China, 1570-1850 Book , Print in English2017 ."Traces journeys of Cantonese migrants along the West River and its tributaries, one of the world's great river systems, between the late sixteenth and mid-nineteenth centuries, presenting arguments about the relationship between diaspora and empire in an upriver frontier and the…
HB2114.X5 M55 2017 c. 1Checked out
38. The Uses of history: essays in intellectual and social history, presented to William J. Bossenbrook Book , Print in English1968 .Adam Smith and the philosophy of anti-history, by J. Weiss.--Towards a dissolution of the ontological argument, by A. C. Danto.--Romanticism, historicism, realism: toward a period concept for early 19th century intellectual history, by H. V. White…
Institute of the History of Medicine Books - Stack Level 8, Welch LibraryD16.8 .U8 1968 c. 1Available
39. The Uses of history: essays in intellectual and social history. Presented to William J. Bossenbrook Book , Print in English1968 .Adam Smith and the philosophy of anti-history, by J. Weiss.--Towards a dissolution of the ontological argument, by A. C. Danto.--Romanticism, historicism, realism: toward a period concept for early 19th century intellectual history, by H. V. White…
D16.8 .U8 1968 c. 1Available
40. Writing, publishing, and reading local gazetteers in imperial China, 1100-1700 Book , Print in English2015 .Introduction -- Impetus to compile. Government initiatives to compile gazetteers -- Local initiatives to compile gazetteers -- Production process. Editorial process -- Publishing gazetteers -- Financing gazetteers -- Reading and using gazetteers. Target audiences and distribution…
Eisenhower C LevelZ186.5.C5 D47 2015 c. 1Checked out