For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. Affliction: health, disease, poverty Book , Online in English
2. Affliction: health, disease, poverty Book , Print in English
RA418.5.P6 D37 2015 c. 1Checked out
3. The American game: capitalism, decolonization, global domination, and baseball Book , Print in English
GV867.3.K45 2006 c. 1Available
4. Anthropologies of modernity: Foucault, governmentality, and life politics Book , Print in English
GN492.2.A57 2005 c. 1Available
5. Anthropology in theory: issues in epistemology Book , Print in English
GN25.A577 2006 c. 1Available
6. Better: a surgeon's notes on performance Book , Print in English
RC66.G39 2007 c. 1RecallChecked out, Due: Dec 27 2017Use the request button to be added to the waiting list for this item OR use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.Institute of the History of Medicine Books - Stack Level 6, Welch LibraryRC66.G39 2007 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Mar 20 2018Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
7. The Birth of the Clinic Book , Online in English2012 .In this remarkable book Michel Foucault, one of the most influential thinkers of recent times, calls us to look critically at specific historical events in order to uncover new layers of significance. In doing so, he challenges our assumptions not only about history, but also…
8. The birth of the clinic: an archaeology of medical perception Book , Print in English1994 .
R133.F6913 1994 c. 1Missing (MSEL)
9. Bodies in formation: an ethnography of anatomy and surgery education Book , Print in English2013 ."A fascinating object" -- Cutting dissection -- Cultivating the physician's body -- Techniques and ethics in the operating room -- Swimming in the joint -- Enterprising bodies in the laboratory -- The anatomy of a surgical simulation.
R840.P74 2013 c. 1Available
10. The body in pain: the making and unmaking of the world Book , Online in English1985 .Part philosophical meditation, part cultural critique, this work explores the nature of physical suffering. Elaine Scarry bases her study on a wide range of sources: literature and art, medical case histories, documents on torture compiled by Amnesty International, legal…
11. The body multiple: ontology in medical practice Book , Print in English2002 .Doing disease -- Different atherosclerosis -- Coordination -- Distribution -- Inclusion -- Doing theory.
RC692.M59 2002 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Feb 12 2018Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.Institute of the History of Medicine Books - Stack Level 6, Welch LibraryRC692 .M59 2002 c. 1Available
12. Casualties of care: immigration and the politics of humanitarianism in France Book , Online in English2011 .This work explores the unintended consequences of compassion in the world of immigration politics. In particular it looks at two regimes of care, humanitarianism and the movement to stop violence against women.
13. A cultural history of the human body Book , Print in English2014 .Vol. 1 In Antiquity / ed. by Daniel H. Garrison.
Eisenhower M Level ReservesGT495 .C85 2014 v. 2 c. 1AvailableGT495 .C85 2014 v. 3 c. 1AvailableGT495 .C85 2014 v. 4 c. 1AvailableGT495 .C85 2014 v. 5 c. 1AvailableGT495 .C85 2014 v. 6 c. 1AvailableGT495 .C85 2014 v.1 c. 1Available
14. Death in a church of life: moral passion during Botswana's time of AIDS Book , Print in English2010 .This deeply insightful ethnography explores the healing power of caring and intimacy in a small, closely bonded Apostolic congregation during Botswana's HIV/AIDS pandemic. Death in a Church of Life paints a vivid picture of how members of the Baitshepi Church make strenuous…
BV4460.7.K53 2010 c. 1Available
15. Death in a Church of Life: Moral Passion during Botswana's Time of AIDS Book , Online in English2010 .
16. Dominican baseball: new pride, old prejudice Book , Online in English2014 .Alan Klein examines the history of Major League Baseball's presence and influence in the Dominican Republic, the development of the booming industry and academies, and the dependence on Dominican player developers, known as buscones. He also addresses issues of identity fraud and…
17. The draft: a year inside the NFL's search for talent Book , Print in English2006 .
GV954.32.W55 2007 c. 1Available
18. Foucault, sport and exercise: power, knowledge and transforming the self Book , Print in English2006 ."This book explores how Foucauldian theory can inform our understanding of the body, domination, identity and freedom as experienced through sport and exercise. The book considers cultures and experiences in sports, exercise and fitness, coaching and health promotion."--BOOK…
HM636.M34 2006 c. 1Available
19. Growing the game: the globalization of major league baseball Book , Print in English2006 ."Growing the Game shows how baseball has been changing in recent years and offers the first detailed look at a sport in the process of globalizing. Alan Klein shows the international activities of individual teams, as well as the overall strategies of the Commissioner's Office,…
GV880.K54 2006 c. 1Available
20. Improvising medicine: an African oncology ward in an emerging cancer epidemic Book , Online in English