For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. Aging and the macroeconomy: long-term implications of an older population Book , Print in English
HB1531 .N38 2012 c. 1Available
2. Clamor at the gates: the new American immigration Book , Print in English1985 .The search for a sound immigration policy / Lawrence H. Fuchs -- "The right thing to do" : a history of Simpson-Mazzoli / Harris N. Miller -- How should we enforce immigration law? / Edwin Harwood…
JV6493 .C571 1985 c. 1Available
3. Diminishing returns: the economics of Canada's recent immigration policy Book , Print , Conference in English1995 .
JV7225 .D54 1995Available
4. The economics of immigration: market-based approaches, social science, and public policy Book , Online in English2015 .'The Economics of Immigration' shows that immigration could significantly boost world GDP, does little to impact the job prospects or wages of the native born population, has little net fiscal impact, and that immigrants are not assimilating more slowly than prior generations.
5. Exceptional people: how migration shaped our world and will define our future Book , Print in English2011 .pt. I Past -- 1. Migration from Prehistory to Columbus -- Early Migration -- Connecting Humanity -- Migration and Humanity -- 2. Global Migrations: Toward a World Economy -- Age of Exploration -- Imperialism and Coercion -- Unfree Migrations: Slavery and Indentured Labor…
JV6035 .G65 2011 c. 1Available
6. Exceptional people: how migration shaped our world and will define our future Book , Online in English
7. The fix: how nations survive and thrive in a world in decline Book , Print in English2016 ."Identifies 10 pervasive and seemingly impossible challenges including immigration reform, income inequality, political corruption and Islamic terrorism and shows that each has a solution, and not merely a hypothetical one, but one that has been proven in a real hotspot in the…
HD87 .T47 2016Available
8. Handbook of the economics of international migration Book , Print in English2015 .v. 1. The immigrants -- v. 2. The impact and regional studies.
Eisenhower B Level, Non-circulatingJV6217.H36 2015 c. 1Multiple Items
SAIS Main StacksJV6217 .H36 2015Multiple Items
9. Handbook of the economics of international migration Volume 1B: The impact and regional studies Book , Online in English2015 .The economic literature on international migration interests policymakers as well as academics throughout the social sciences. These volumes, the first of a new subseries in the Handbooks in Economics, describe and analyze scholarship created since the inception of serious…
10. Immigrants in a changing labor market: responding to economic needs Book , Print in English2013 .pt. ONE WHAT KIND OF IMMIGRATION POLICY DOES THE US ECONOMY NEED? -- ch. 1 Immigration Policy and Less-Skilled Workers in the United States: Reflections on Future Directions for Reform / Harry J. Holzer…
HD6300 .I47 2013Available
11. Immigration and the postwar Canadian economy Book , Print in English1976 .
12. Immigration economics Book , Print in English2014 .note: 1. Selection of Immigrants -- 2. Economic Assimilation -- 3. Immigration and the Wage Structure: Theory -- 4. Wage Effects of Immigration: Descriptive Evidence -- 5. Wage Effects of Immigration: Structural Estimates -- 6. Labor Market Adjustments to Immigration…
JV6217 .B673 2014 c. 1Available
13. Naturalisation: A Passport for the Better Integration of Immigrants? Book , Online in English2011 .This conference proceedings provides the papers presented at the OECD/European Commission joint seminar on Naturalisation and the Socio-Economic Integration of Immigrants and their Children held in October 2010 in Brussels. It takes stock of the current knowledge …
14. The new Americans: economic, demographic, and fiscal effects of immigration Book , Print in English1997 .
JV 6471 .N43 1997 c. 1AvailableJV6471 .N43 1997 c. 2Available
15. Parents without papers: the progress and pitfalls of Mexican-American integration Book , Print in English2015 ."For several decades, Mexican immigrants in the United States have outnumbered those from any other country. Though the economy increasingly needs their labor, many remain unauthorized. In Parents Without Papers, immigration scholars Frank D. Bean, Susan K. Brown, and James D.…
JV6342 .B43 2015Available
16. A profile of immigrant populations in the 21st century: data from OECD countries Book , Print in English2008 .The foreign and foreign-born populations -- Age structure of the immigrant population -- Education of the immigrant population -- Duration of stay -- Labour market outcomes of immigrants -- Occupations of immigrant workers -- Sectors of activity of immigrant workers…
JV6201 .O33 2008Available
17. A Profile of Immigrant Populations in the 21st Century: Data from OECD Countries Book , Online in English2008 .This publication presents and discusses some of the key information available in the newly created Database on Immigrants in OECD Countries (DIOC). The many graphs and tables include data on: immigrants’ demography including age, gender and duration of stay; and their labour…
18. Remittances and development: lessons from Latin America Book , Print in English2008 ."Workers' remittances, a major source of financing for developing countries, are especially important in Latin America and the Caribbean. Remittances and Development relies on cross-country panel data and household surveys for 11 Latin American countries to explore the…
HG3915.5 .R45 2008Available
19. Remittances and development: lessons from Latin America Book , Online in English
20. Taxing the brain drain Book , Print , Conference in English1976 .1. A proposal.--2. Theory and empirical analysis.
Eisenhower B LevelHD8038.A1T39 1976 c. 1Multiple Items
SAIS Main StacksJV6487 .T39Multiple Items
21. The wage effects of immigration and emigration Book , Online in English2011 .Immigrants in Rome or Paris are more visible to the public eye than the Italian or French engineers in Silicon Valley, especially when it comes to the debate on the effects of immigration on the employment and wages of natives in high-income countries. This paper argues that such…