Book , Print in English
Raoul Peck : power, politics, and the cinematic imagination
edited by Toni Pressley-Sanon and Sophie Saint-Just.
- Lanham : Lexington Books, 
- Copyright Notice: ©2015
- vi, 292 pages ; 24 cm
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower M Level ReservesPN1998.3.P42 R37 2015 c. 1Available
- Local Subjects
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Introduction / Sophie Saint-Just and Toni Pressley-Sanon
- History is Too Important to Leave to Hollywood: Colonialism, Genocide and Memory in the Films of Raoul Peck / Alyssa Goldstein Sepinwall
- Disrupting conventional film structure: letters, voice-over, and traumatic irruption in Raoul Peck's films / Joëlle Vitiello
- "My story is not a nice story": Sometimes in April (2005) and the Rwandan genocide film / Jane M. Bryce
- Framing the dispersal in diaspora: Raoul Peck, transnational filmmaker / Sophie Saint-Just
- On the edge of silence: l(in)-imaginable and gendered representations of the Rwandan genocide from photography to Raoul Peck's Sometimes in April / Myriam J.A. Chancy
- Haitian national identity and gender in Raoul Peck's Moloch tropical / Tama Hamilton-Wray
- Interrogating images: Lumumba: death of a prophet as reflexive autobiographical documentary / Rachel Gabara
- Postcolonialism and the poetics of pragmatism: Raoul Peck's Fatal assistance and Alain Resnais's Hiroshima mon amour / Alessandra Benedicty-Kokken
- "Haiti mon amour" / John P. Walsh
- Lòt Bo and Anba Dlo: the dialectics of Raoul Peck's Désounen: dialogue with death / Toni Pressley-Sanon
- Politics, masculinity, and apocalyptic memory in L'homme sur les quais / Martin Munro
- Lessons from the cinema of Raoul Peck / Olivier Barlet; translated by Sophie Saint-Just
- Stolen images or footnotes: keynote address to the 2013 Haitian Studies Association Conference / Raoul Peck; translated by Sophie Saint-Just
- "Beyond help?": address by Raoul Peck, Conference on "Beyond aid: from charity to solidarity", Frankfurt, Germany, February 20, 2014 / Raoul Peck; translated by Alyssa Goldstein Sepinwall.
- Other information
- Text in English. Some chapters have been translated into English from French.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Language: Text in English. Some chapters have been translated into English from French.
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 2015037559
- OCLC: 922913734
- OCLC: 922913734