Book , Print in English
The anthropology of global pentecostalism and evangelicalism
edited by Simon Coleman and Rosalind I. J. Hackett ; with an Afterword by Joel Robbins.
- New York : New York University Press, 
- vii, 264 pages ; 24 cm
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower M Level ReservesBR1644.A58 2015 c. 1Available
- Personhood: sin, sociality, and the unbuffered self in US evangelicalism / Omri Elisha
- Circulations: evangelical and pentecostal Christianity in nineteenth-century Singapore and Penang / Jean DeBernardi
- Orientations: moral geographies in transnational Ghanaian pentecostal networks / Kristine Krause
- Affect: intensities and energies in the charismatic language, embodiment, and genre of a North American movement / Jon Bialecki
- Feminine habitus: rhetoric and rituals of conversion and commitment among contemporary South Korean evangelical women / Kelly H. Chong
- Mobility: a global geography of the spirit among Catholic charismatic communities / Thomas J. Csordas
- Mediating money: materiality and spiritual warfare in Tanzanian charismatic Christianity / Martin Lindhardt
- Mediating culture: charisma, fame, and sincerity in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil / Martijn Oosterbaan
- Mediating miracle truth: permanent struggle in Kyrgyzstan / Mathijs Pelkmans
- Politics of sovereignty: evangelical and pentecostal Christianity and politics in Angola / Ruy Llera Blanes
- Politics of prayer: Christianity and the decriminalization of cocaine in Guatemala / Kevin Lewis O'Neill
- Politics of tradition: charismatic globalization, morality, and culture in Polynesian Protestantism / Yannick Fer
- Afterword: the anthropology of global pentecostalism and evangelicalism / Joel Robbins.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9780814772591 (cl : alk. paper)
- 0814772595 (cl : alk. paper)
- 9780814772607 (pb : alk. paper)
- 0814772609 (pb : alk. paper)
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 2015013955
- OCLC: 906658661
- OCLC: 906658661