Video/Film , DVD in French
Gare du Nord : Géographie humaine
Claire Simon, screenwriter and director; Olivier Lorelle, screenwriter;
- Distribution: Paris: Blaq Out, 2014.
- Copyright Notice: ©2014.
- Copyright Notice: ©2013.
- 2 videodiscs (268 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- 4 3/4 in.
- DVD, region 2, PAL, Dolby Digital stereo.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower M Level Service Desk - AVPN1997.A1 S566 2014 disc 1-2 c. 2Transit
Use the request button to place a hold on this item OR use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.Eisenhower M Level ReservesPN1997.A1 S566 2014 disc 1-2 c. 1Available
- Must be used with international DVD player
- Must be used with International DVD player.
- Also known as
- Géographie humaine
- Gare du nord: Marc Ribot, music.
- Cast: Gare du nord: Reda Kateb, Nicole Garcia, François Damiens... [et al.], actors.
- Cast: Géographie humaine: Jean-Marie Duthilleul, Stéphane Batut, Judith Fraggi, interviewees.
- Fiction films.
- Documentary films.
- Gare du nord: Paris, Gare du Nord, anything can happen, even trains. We would stay there, but you have to hurry ... Like thousands of lives that intersect it, Ishmael, Matilda, Sacha and Joan will meet there. Every day, Ishmael was dazzled, fascinated, exhausted by this place. It is on the platform of the RER Mathilde he sees for the first time. Gradually, they fall in love. They cross Sacha and Joan. Sasha is looking for her missing daughter, Joan spends his life in this station between Lille, London and Paris. The station is like a bubble all through, French, immigrants, migrants, travelers, ghosts ... It is a crossroads where every life passes quickly and disappears.
- Géographie humaine : North Station has 550,000 passengers every day. This documentary portrait of the station consists of fleeting meetings where everyone says his life in a few words before taking his train and disappear.
- DVD 1 Gare du nord
- DVD 2 Géographie humaine.
- Other information
- Gare du nord: ©2013 Les Films d'Ici, France 3 Cinéma, Productions Thalie .
- Géographie humaine: ©2013 Les Films d'Ici, Film Factory, Vosges Télévision, Images Plus.
- DVD 1 supplements : "In search of life lines" (20 min), is a dialogue between Claire Simon, Stephane Batut, casting director and Judith Fraggi, assistant to casting.
- DVD 2 supplements: "Do not lose the north" (29 min) is a dialogue between Claire Simon and Jean-Marie Duthilleul architect responsible for the development of the North Station.
- Language: French with optional French for the hearing imparied or English subtitles.
- Identifying numbers
- OCLC: 900164028
- OCLC: 900164028