Video/Film , DVD in English , French
Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho
a Paramount release ; Shamley Productions ; screenplay by Joseph Stefano ; directed by Alfred Hitchcock.
- Universal City, Calif. : Universal Studios Home Entertainment, 
- 2-disc special ed.
- 2 videodiscs (109 min.) : sound, b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- DVD; Region 1; Anamorphic widescreen (1.85:1); Dolby Digital 2.0 mono., dual-layer; NTSC.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower M Level ReservesPN1997 .A44 2008 disc 1-2 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: May 31 2018 05:08 PMAnother patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
- Also known as
- Uniform Title: Psycho (Motion picture : 1960)
- Director of photography, John L. Russell ; editor, George Tomasini ; sound, Waldon O. Watson, William Russell ; music by Bernard Herrmann.
- Cast: Anthony Perkins, Vera Miles, John Gavin, Martin Balsam, John McIntire, Janet Leigh.
- Thrillers (Motion pictures)
- Horror films.
- Film adaptations.
- Feature films.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Disgruntled Phoenix officeworker Marion Crane is fed up with the way life has treated her. She only gets to meet her lover Sam during lunch breaks and they cannot get married because of Sam's alimony high payments. One Friday, Marion is trusted to bank $40,000 by her employer. Seeing the opportunity to take the money and run, Marion leaves town and heads towards Sam's California store. Tired after the long drive and caught in a storm, she gets off the main highway and pulls into The Bates Motel. The motel is managed by a quiet young man called Norman who seems to be dominated by his mother.
- Other information
- Based on the novel by Robert Bloch.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1960.
- Special features: Disc 1: Feature commentary with Stephen Rebello; newsreel footage: the release of Psycho; the shower scene; the shower scene: storyboards by Saul Bass; the Psycho archives; posters and Psycho ads; lobby cards; behind-the-scenes and production photographs; production notes; theatrical trailers ; Disc 2: The making of Psycho; In the master's shadow: Hitchcock's legacy; Hitchcock and Truffaut interview excerpts; Alfred Hitchcock Presents "Lamb to the slaughter."
- MPAA rating: R.
- Language: English or dubbed French dialogue, French or Spanish subtitles; English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Restrictions: These discs are copy protected.
- Publisher's number
- 61100450 Universal Studios Home Entertainment
- Identifying numbers
- UPC: 025195003773
- OCLC: 234317652
- OCLC: 234317652