Book , Print in English
Renaissance? : perceptions of continuity and discontinuity in Europe, c.1300-c.1550
edited by Alexander Lee, Pit Péporté, Harry Schnitker.
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2010.
- xiii, 370 pages : illustrations; 25 cm.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower M Level ReservesCB361 .R46 2010 c. 1Available
- Introduction: Veteris vestigia flammae? The 'Rebirths' of Antiquity / Stephen Bowd
- Renaissance and the Middle Ages: Chronologies, Ideologies, Geographies / Luke Houghton
- Shakespeare and the 'Tragedy' of the Renaissance / Robert Black
- Humanitas Renate / Robin Kirkpatrick
- Machiavelli's Appreciation of Greek Antiquity and the Ideal of 'Renaissance' / Robin Sowerby
- Introduction: Seeing is Believing? The Renaissance and the Arts / George Steiris
- Vasari's Rinascita: History, Anthropology or Art Criticism? / Alexander Lee
- State of the Art / Matteo Burioni
- Brunelleschi's Perspective Panels. Rupture and Continuity in the History of the Image / Rob C. Wegman
- Panofsky: Linear Perspective and Perspectives of Modernity / Johannes Grave
- Michelangelo's Mythologies / Rhys W. Roark
- Byzantine Influence on the Introduction of the Third Dimension and the Formation of Renaissance Art / Maria Ruvoldt
- Introduction: A Wider Renaissance? / Diotima Liantini
- Northern Renaissance? Burgundy and Netherlandish Art in Fifteenth-Century Europe / Alexander Lee
- Forgotten Paths to 'Another' Renaissance: Prague and Bohemia, c. 1400 / Hanno Wijsman
- New World of the Mind? Renaissance Self-Perception and the Invention of Printing / Klára Bene[š]ovská
- 'Invention' of Dürer as a Renaissance Artist / Andrew Pettegree
- Notes on the History of Renaissance Scholarship in Central Europe Bialostoki, Schlosser and Panofsky / Jeffrey Chipps Smith.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 2010028421
- OCLC: 614315208