Video/Film , DVD in English
[Sherman Alexie and Charles Burnett present] a Milestone Film release ; written, produced and directed by Kent Mackenzie.
- [Harrington Park, NJ] : Milestone Film & Video, ©2009.
- 2-disc premiere ed.
- 2 videodiscs : sound, b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- DVD (NTSC); includes PDF files.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower M Level ReservesE98.U72E952 2008x c. 1Available
- Photography, Erik Daarstad, Robert Kaufman and John Morrill ; editing, Kent Mackenzie ... [et al.] ; music, Anthony Hilder, The Revels, Eddie Sunrise, Robert Hafner.
- Yvonne Williams, Homer Nish, Tommy Reynolds, Rico Rodriguez, Clifford Ray Sam, Clydean Parker, Mary Donahue.
- Documentary films.
- Nonfiction films.
- Chronicles one night in the lives of young Native American men and women living in the Bunker Hill district of Los Angeles. Based on interviews with the participants and their friends, the film follows a group of exiles--transplants from Southwest reservations--as they flirt, drink, party, fight, and dance.
- Other information
- Originally released by Kent Mackenzie in 1961 as a 16 mm. motion picture.
- Special features: Disc 1. 2008 theatrical trailer ; Bunker Hill 1956 ; Los Angeles plays itself ; optional audio commentary by Sherman Alexie and Sean Axmaker ; audio of The exiles' Los Angeles opening night at UCLA -- Disc 2. A skill for Molina ; Story of a rodeo cowboy ; Ivan and his father ; Robert Kirste's Last day of Angels flight ; Bunker Hill: a tale of urban renewal / directed by Greg Kimble -- White Fawn's devotion : the first Native American film -- DVD-ROM The Mackenzie files ; audio of Sherman Alexie and Sean Axmaker interview ; The Leonard Lopate show with Sherman Alexie and Charles Burnett.
- Awards: National Society of Film Critics, Film Heritage Award, 2009.
- Publisher's number
- MILE00109 Milestone
- Identifying numbers
- OCLC: 467916954
- OCLC: 467916954