Video/Film , DVD in English
RKO Radio Pictures, Inc. ; producers, Merian C. Cooper, Ernest B. Schoedsack ; story, Merian C. Cooper and Edgar Wallace ; screen play by James Creelman and Ruth Rose ; directed by Merian C. Cooper, Ernest B. Schoedsack.
- Burbank, CA : Warner Home Video, 
- Two-disc special ed.
- 2 videodiscs (ca. 104 min.) : sound, b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- DVD (NTSC region 1); full screen (1.33:1) presentation ; Dolby Digital mono.
Eisenhower M Level Service Desk - AVPN1997.K436 2005 c. 1Multiple Items
- disc 1-2 in one container
- Directors of photography, Eddie Linden, J.O. Taylor, Vernon Walker ; art directors, Carroll Clark, Al Herman ; editor, Ted Cheesman ; music, Max Steiner.
- Cast: Fay Wray, Robert Armstrong, Bruce Cabot, Frank Reicher, Sam Hardy, Noble Johnson, Steve Clemento, James Flavin.
- Adventure — Feature.
- Carl Denham, a filmmaker and entrepreneur, leads an expedition to Skull Island, a place where time has stood still. The natives pay homage to the one whom they revere as "Kong," and who is, indeed, king of the island. Denham, together with his beautiful starlet, Ann Darrow, and the crew of the ship, investigate a strange ritual being performed on the island by its native population. When Ann finds herself captured by the natives to become the bride of the mysterious Kong, the ship's first mate, Jack Driscoll, who is in love with Ann, manages to rescue her from the clutches of Kong. Denham then arranges to capture the creature, whom he calls "King Kong" and takes him back to New York.
- Other information
- DVD release of the 1933 motion picture.
- Special features: Disc 1: original 1933 film classic in black and white, and special features: commentary by visual effects veterans Ray Harryhausen and Ken Ralston; interview excerpts of Merian C. Cooper and Fay Wray; trailer gallery. Disc 2 Special feataures: I'm King Kong! The exploits of Merian C. Cooper profiles the original King Kong;s guiding hand; new 7-part documentary RKO Productions 601; the making of Kong, eighth wonder of the world, original test footage with Ray Harryhausen commentary.
- MPAA rating: Not rated.
- Language: In English, with subtitles in English, French or Spanish (feature only).
- Language: Closed-captioned.
- Publisher's number
- T7241 Warner Home Video
- Identifying numbers
- UPC: 053939724127
- UPC: 053939732221
- OCLC: 62311266
- OCLC: 62311266