Video/Film , DVD in French , English
La jetée : Sans soleil
two films by Chris Marker.
- [United States] : Criterion Collection, 
- Special ed.
- 1 videodisc (130 min.) : sound, b&w and colored ; 4 3/4 in. + Accompanied by: 1 booklet (44 pages : illustrations; 19 cm.)
- DVD, region 1, widescreen (1.66:1) presentation; Dolby Digital mono., NTSC.
Eisenhower M Level Service Desk - AVPN1997.A1 J4844 2007 c. 1Available
Eisenhower M Level Service Desk - AVPN1997.A1 J4844 2007 guide c. 1Available
- Accompanying guide has the call number: PN1997.A1J4844 2007guide
Eisenhower M Level ReservesPN1997.A1 J4844 2007 c. 2Checked outChecked out, Due: May 21 2018 05:08 PMAnother patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.Eisenhower M Level ReservesPN1997.A1 J4844 2007 c. 3Available
- Accompanies DVD that has the call number: PN1997.A1J4844 2007 c. 1
- Science fiction films — France.
- Travelogues (Television programs)
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Travelogues (Motion pictures, television, etc.)
- Motion picture film collections.
- Motion pictures, French.
- Foreign films — France.
- Science fiction films.
- Short films.
- Documentary films.
- "La jetée" was the inspiration for Terry Gilliam's film "Twelve Monkeys" and is almost entirely narrated using black and white stills. After Paris is destroyed in a third world war, the survivors are forced to retreat underground where scientists conduct strange time-travel experiments in an effort to escape to a better past or future. In "Sans soleil", an unknown woman reads the writings of a cameraman who travels the world to produce a study of "the dreams of the human race"; he is particularly attracted to the two extremes of Japan and Africa, and discusses the images that he creates with the woman.
- Other information
- Title from container.
- Videodisc release of 2 motion pictures, produced in 1963 (La jeteé) and 1983 (Sans soleil).
- Special features: new, restored high-definition digital transfers, approved by director Chris Marker; new video interviews with filmmaker Jean-Pierre Gorin; Chris on Chris, a video piece on Marker by filmmaker and critic Chris Darke; two excerpts from the French TV series "Court-circuit (le magazine)" directed by Luc Lagier.
- Language: English or French dialogue with optional English subtitles; subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing.
- Publisher's number
- CC1694D Criterion Collection
- Identifying numbers
- UPC: 715515023924
- OCLC: 122942659
- OCLC: 122942659