Musical Recording , CD in English
New music for electronic & recorded media : women in electronic music--1977
- New York, N.Y. : New World Records, ℗2006, ℗1977.
- 1 sound disc (47 min.) : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Friedheim -- Compact DiscsA1.310 .N4 W6 2006 CD c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Feb 20 2018Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
- Also known as
- Women in electronic music--1977
- The 1st work performed by the Electric Weasel Ensemble; the remainder realized in various electronic music studios, the 5th with assisting vocalists and instrumentalists, and the 7th and 8th with vocals by the composer.
- Music of the spheres / Johanna M. Beyer (Electric Weasel Ensemble) (5:59)
- World rhythms / Annea Lockwood (8:28)
- Bye bye butterfly / Pauline Oliveros (8:09)
- Appalachian grove I / Laurie Spiegel (5:37)
- I could sit here all day / Megan Roberts (Danny Sofer, drums ; Phil Loarie, William Novak, voices) (6:25)
- Points / Ruth Anderson (5:32)
- New York social life (3:32) ; Time to go (2:58) / Laurie Anderson (Laurie Anderson, voice, violin ; Scott Johnson, tamboura, guitar, and organ).
- Other information
- Originally released as CRI CD 728
- Compact disc.
- Program notes by Charles Amirkhanian with selected discography and bibliography (27 p.) inserted in container.
- Realized at Hunter College Electronic Music Studio (2nd, 6th works), San Francisco Tape Music Center (3rd work), Bell Labs, Murray Hill, N.J. (4th work), Mills Center for Contemporary Music (5th work), and studios of Laurie Anderson, New York City (7th-8th works).
- Publisher's number
- 80653-2 New World Records
- CD 728 CRI
- Identifying numbers
- UPC: 093228065326
- OCLC: 79256935
- OCLC: 79256935