Book , Print in English
Life and words : violence and the descent into the ordinary
Veena Das ; foreword by Stanley Cavell.
- Berkeley : University of California Press, ©2007.
- xiv, 281 pages : maps ; 23 cm.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower B LevelGN635.I4 D2662 2007 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Jul 5 2018Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
- The event and the everyday
- The figure of the abducted woman : the citizen as sexed
- Language and body : transactions and the construction of pain
- The act of witnessing : violence, gender, and subjectivity
- Boundaries, violence, and the work of time
- Thinking of time and subjectivity
- In the region of rumor
- The force of the local
- The signature of the state : the paradox of illegibility
- Three portraits of grief and mourning
- Revisiting trauma, testimony, and political community.
- Other information
- "A Philip E. Lilienthal book"--P. [ii].
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 0520247442 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 0520247450 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Identifying numbers
- EAN: 9780520247444
- EAN: 9780520247451
- LCCN: 2006003041
- OCLC: 63660246