Book , Print in English
Economic origins of dictatorship and democracy
Daron Acemoglu, James A. Robinson.
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2006.
- xv, 416 pages ; 25 cm.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower B LevelJC423.A248 2005 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Aug 21 2018Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.Washington Library Resource Center- 1717 Mass Ave NWJC423.A248 2005 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Jun 18 2018Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.SAIS Reserve StacksJC423 .A24 2006Available
- Questions and answers
- Paths of political development
- Our argument
- What do we know about democracy?
- Modeling politics
- Democratic politics
- Nondemocratic politics
- The creation and consolidation of democracy
- Coups and consolidation
- Putting the models to work
- The role of the middle class
- Economic structure and democracy
- Globalization and democracy
- Conclusions and the future of democracy.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 381-399) and index.
- 0521855268 (hardback)
- Identifying numbers
- EAN: 9780521855266
- LCCN: 2005011262
- OCLC: 60028953