Book , Print in English
Titian & tragic painting : Aristotle's poetics and the rise of the modern artist
- New Haven : Yale University Press, ©2005.
- vi, 240 pages : illustrations(some colored) ; 27 cm.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower D LevelND623.T7 P87 2005 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Jun 30 2018Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.Eisenhower M Level ReservesND623.T7 P87 2005 c. 2Available
- Also known as
- Titian and tragic painting
- On the status of painting in the Renaissance
- Painting, poetry and the liberal arts
- Imitation, moral purpose and learning
- Titian and tragedy
- The four great sinners
- Michelangelo and Titian: terribilità and tragic pathos
- Titian's mythological paintings: problems of interpretation
- Titian's poesie for Philip II as painted tragedies
- The final tragedies and Titian's 'late style'
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 225-233) and index.
- 0300110006 (cl : alk. paper)
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 2005012042
- OCLC: 60321467