Book , Print in English
Action and adventure cinema
edited by Yvonne Tasker.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2004.
- xv, 414 pages : illustrations; 26 cm.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower M Level ReservesPN1995.9.A3 A28 2004 c. 1Available
- 'Trauma thrills' : notes on early action cinema / Jennifer M. Bean
- The 'culture war' of sensational melodrama, 1910-14 / Richard Abel
- 'Child of commerce! Bastard of art!' : early film melodrama / Ben Singer
- Action-adventure as Hollywood genre / Steve Neale
- Dwight Macdonald and the historical epic / Mark Jancovich
- 'Get ready for rush hour' : the chronotype in action / Martin Flanagan
- The collapse of reality and illusion in The matrix / Aylish Wood
- Guns and gas : investigating the 1970s car chase film / Tico Romao
- Saving Private Ryan's 'special affect' / Michael Hammond --Ready for action : G.I. Jane, Demi Moore's body and the female combat movie / Linda Ruth Williams
- Más macha : the new Latina action hero / Mary Beltrán
- Beauty in motion : gender, spectacle and action babe cinema / Marc O'Day
- Breakdown : white masculinity, class, and US action-adventure films / Susan Jeffords
- Maximus melodramaticus : masculinity, masochism and white male paranoia in contemporary Hollywood cinema / Martin Fradley
- The family in action / Yvonne Tasker
- The Hong Kong/Hollywood connection : stardom and spectacle in transnational action cinema / Leon Hunt
- Europeans in action! / Christine Holmlund
- Greek war film as melodrama : women, female stars, and the nation as victim / Lydia Papadimitriou
- Spaghetti western, genre criticism and national cinema : re-defining the frame of reference / Dimitris Eleftheriotis
- Genre and violence in the work of Kurosawa and Peckinpah / Stephen Prince
- The dirty dozen : the contradictory nature of screen violence / Tony Williams
- 'It's aimed at kids - the kid in everybody' : George Lucas, Star wars and children's entertainment / Peter Krämer
- Man's favourite sport? The action films of Kathryn Bigelow / Barry Keith Grant
- 'They call me "action woman" ' : the marketing of Mimi Leder as a new concept in the high concept 'action' film / Rachel Williams.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 0415235065 (alk. paper)
- 0415235073 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 2004001612
- OCLC: 54111578