Video/Film , DVD in Inuktitut
Atanarjuat : The fast runner
Igloolik Isuma Productions presents a National Film Board of Canada co-production ; producers, Paul Apak Angilirq, Norman Cohn, Zacharias Kunuk ; writer, Paul Apak Angilirq ; director, Zacharias Kunuk.
- Culver City, Calif. : Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment, ©2003.
- Widescreen version (1.85:1)
- 1 videodisc (161 min.) : sound, colored ; 4 3/4 in.
- DVD (NTSC region 1), 5.1 Dolby digital.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower M Level ReservesPN1997.A23F377 c. 1AvailableEisenhower M Level ReservesPN1997.A23F377 c. 2Checked outChecked out, Due: Dec 22 2017Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
- Also known as
- Fast runner
- Director of photography, Norman Cohn ; editors, Zacharias Kunuk, Norman Cohn, Marie-Christine Sarda ; original music, Chris Crilly ; design, James Ungalaaq.
- Cast: Natar Ungalaaq, Sylvia Ivalu, Peter Henry Arnatsiaq, Lucy Tulugarjuk, Madeline Ivalu, Pauloosie Qulitalik, Eugene Ipkarnak, Pakak Innuksuk.
- A small nomadic community is cursed by an unknown shaman. When Atanarjuat falls in love with a woman already promised to the son of the clan's leader, he has to fight for her. She is won by Atanarjuat and the leader plots to attack him in his sleep. Escaping, he sets off running across the ice, embarking on a harrowing adventure of survival in the brutal wilderness. He returns stronger and wiser to reclaim his life and stop the curse that has divided his people.
- Other information
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 2001.
- Special features: theatrical trailers.
- MPAA rating: R; for some sexuality/nudity and violence.
- Language: Inuktitut dialogue, English subtitles.
- Language: Closed captioned for the hearing impaired.
- Publisher's number
- 00235 Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment
- Identifying numbers
- UPC: 043396002357
- OCLC: 51675842