Video/Film , DVD in English
directed by Edward Zwick ; screenplay by Kevin Jarre ; produced by Freddie Fields.
- Culver City, CA : TriStar, ©2000.
- Special ed.
- 2 videodiscs (ca. 122 min.) : sound, colored ; 4 3/4 in.
- DVD (NTSC region 1), Dolby surround, digitally mastered.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower M Level ReservesPN1995.9.H5G5 2000 c. 1Available
- Music, James Horner ; editor, Steven Rosenblum.
- Cast: Matthew Broderick, Denzel Washington, Cary Elwes, Morgan Freeman.
- United States. Army. Massachusetts Infantry Regiment, 54th (1863-1865) — Drama.
- African American soldiers — Drama.
- Feature films
- War films
- Historical films
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired
- United States — History — Civil War, 1861-1865 — Participation, African Americans.
- United States — History — Civil War, 1861-1865 — Drama
- Two idealistic young Bostonians lead the 54th Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry, America's first Black regiment in the Civil War.
- Other information
- Disc 1 is a widescreen version and disc 2 is a full screen version.
- Based on the books, 'Lay this laurel' by Lincoln Kirstein and 'One gallant rush' by Peter Burchard and the letters of Robert Gould Shaw.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1989.
- Special features: Disc 1- picture-in-picture video commentary; director's audio commentary; animated menus. Disc 2- director's audio commentary; documentary: "The true story of glory continues" narrated by Morgan Freeman. Available on both discs: production notes; exclusive featurette: "Voices of Glory"; original featurette; deleted scenes; theatrical trailers; talent files; scene selections.
- Rated R.
- Language: Closed-captioned.
- Language: In English with optional subtitles in English, French, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean, Thai, and Spanish.
- Awards: Winner of 3 Academy Awards, 1989.
- Publisher's number
- 04183 Tristar
- Identifying numbers
- UPC: 043396041837
- OCLC: 45905171