Video/Film , DVD in English
Alfred Hitchcock's strangers on a train
[presented by] Warner Bros. Pictures ; screenplay by Raymond Chandler and Czenzi Ormonde ; directed by Alfred Hitchcock.
- Burbank, CA : Warner Home Video, ©1997.
- 1 videodisc (204 min.) : sound, b&w, double sided ; 4 3/4 in.
- DVD (NTSC region 1); Dolby digital; formatted to fit TV screen.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower M Level ReservesPN1997.S77 1997 c. 2Available
- Also known as
- Strangers on a train
- Director of photography, Robert Burks; film editor, William Ziegler; original music, Dimitri Tiomkin.
- Cast: Farley Granger, Ruth Roman, Robert Walker, Leo G. Carroll, Patricia Hitchcock, Laura Elliott.
- A tennis star (Guy) is harassed on a train by a psychotic (Bruno) who wants to swap murders and who proceeds to carry out his part of the unconfirmed bargain. The British version amplifies Bruno's flamboyance, his homoerotic attraction to Guy, and his psychotic personality.
- Other information
- Contains the Hollywood version (101 min.) on side A and the British version (103 min.) on side B.
- Based on the novel by Patricia Highsmith.
- Originally released as motion picture in 1951.
- Special features: scene access, cast, production notes, newsreel/trailer gallery, film flash.
- Hollywood version not rated; British version rated PG.
- Language: In English with optional dubbed French soundtrack; optional subtitles in English, French, or Spanish; closed-captioned in English for the hearing impaired.
- Publisher's number
- 15324 Warner Home Video
- Identifying numbers
- OCLC: 38844742