Video/Film , DVD in English
The Lumière Brothers' first films
Kino International ; [presented by] the Lumière Brothers' Association.
- New York : Kino on Video ; [Chatsworth, CA] : Distributed by Image Entertainment, ©1998.
- 1 videodisc (62 min.) : sound, b&w and colored ; 4 3/4 in.
- DVD (NTSC region 1).
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower M Level ReservesPN1995.75.L85 1998 c. 1Available
- Editor, Thierry Fremaux ; musical accompaniment, Stuart Oderman.
- Commentary in English by Bertrand Tavernier ; commentary in French by Thierry Fremaux.
- A look at the birth of the motion picture through 85 of the more than 1,500 films made by the Lumière Brothers between 1895 and 1897. These films include views of Moscow, New York, Paris, Saigon, and Jerusalem; vignettes of life in France; and comedy shorts.
- Other information
- Silent films with musical accompaniment; optional commentary in English or French; music also accompanies Tavernier's narration.
- Publisher's number
- K106 Kino International
- Identifying numbers
- OCLC: 41419014