Book , Print in English
Ancient Rome : the archaeology of the eternal city
edited by Jon Coulston and Hazel Dodge.
- Oxford : Oxford University School of Archaeology, ©2000.
- xi, 408 pages : illustrations maps, plans ; 25 cm.
Eisenhower B LevelDG63.A57 2000 c. 1Available
- Local Subjects
- Perface : a bird's-eye view / Peter Wiseman
- Introduction : the archaeology and topography of Rome / Jon Coulston and Hazel Dodge
- Early and archaic Rome / Christopher Smith
- The city of Rome in the Middle Republic (400-100 BC) / Tim Cornell
- The moral museum : Augustus and the city of Rome / Susan Walker
- "Armed and belted men" : the soldiery in imperial Rome / Jon Coulston
- Building the Eternal City : the construction industry in imperial Rome / Janet DeLaine
- The feeding of imperial Rome : the mechanics of the food supply system / David Mattingly and Greg Aldrete
- "Greater than the pyramids" : the water supply of ancient Rome / Hazel Dodge
- Entertaining Rome / Kathleen Coleman
- Living and dying in the city of Rome : houses and tombs / John Patterson
- Religions of Rome / Simon Price
- Lost glories? : Rome at the end of the empire / Neil Christie
- Back to the future : archaeology and innovation in the building of Roma Capitale / Hugh Peter.
- Other information
- At head of title page : Centre for Mediterranean and Near Eastern Studies, Trinity College, Dublin.
- Includes bibliographies at the end of each chapter, "research bibliography for the city of Rome", p. 360-400, and index.
- 0947816550 (pbk.)
- Identifying numbers
- OCLC: 46545995