Video/Film , DVD in English
The Chaplin Mutuals Volume 3
a Blackhawk Films compilation ; written and directed by Charlie Chaplin.
- Davenport, Iowa : Blackhawk Films : Image Entertainment [distributor], ©1997.
- 1 videodisc (ca. 100 min.) : sound, b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- DVD (NTSC region 1); stereo.
Eisenhower M Level Service Desk - AVPN1995.9.C55 C4364 1997 v.3 c. 1Available
- Restored films by David H. Shepard.
- Cast: Charlie Chaplin, Edna Purviance, Eric Campbell, Henry Bergman, Charlotte Mineau, Lloyd Bacon, Albert Austin.
- Four early films in which Chaplin plays a variety of comedic characters. One a.m.: Charlie arrives home inebriated and tries to get into his house, upstairs and to bed. The Pawnshop: As a pawnbroker's helper, the objects in the shop provide a cornucopia of great prop-related gags for Charlie's antics. The Floorwalker: This first Chaplin Mutual involves Charlie as a lowly clerk with an embezzling manager and a fantastic escalator sequence. The Rink: Charlie, as a waiter somehow adjourns to a roller skating rink where he is revealed as a virtuoso on wheels.
- 1. One a.m.
- 2. The Pawn shop
- 3. The Floorwalker
- 4. The Rink.
- Other information
- Digital videodisc release of films originally produced by Charlie Chaplin in 1916 and 1917.
- "Exclusive features: New digital stereo scores composed by Michael Mortilla ... Includes exclusive essay on the making of the Mutuals by Sam Gill ... Correct projection speed and original intertitles."--Container.
- Language: Silent films with intertitles and musical accompaniment.
- Identifying numbers
- OCLC: 40800864