Video/Film , DVD in English
The general : The playhouse ; Cops
[produced by] Joseph M. Schenck.
- New York, NY : Kino on Video ; Chatsworth, Calif. : Image Entertainment [distributor], ©1999.
- 1 videodisc (75, 23, 18 min.) : sound, color and b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- DVD (NTSC region 1); digitally remastered with original music scores.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower M Level ReservesPN1997.A1G46 1999 c. 1Available
- Directors, Buster Keaton, Clyde Bruckman; producer, Joseph M. Schenck; a United Artists production (1st film). Directors, Buster Keaton, Eddie Cline; producer, Joseph M. Schenck (2nd-3rd film).
- Cast: Buster Keaton, Marion Mack, Charles Smith, Frank Barnes (1st work). Buster Keaton, Virginia Fox (2nd-3rd work).
- The General (1926): A locomotive is beloved by its engineer, who sets out to win the Civil War single handedly; color tinted. The Playhouse (1921): A comedy in which Keaton plays a stage manager, an actor, a monkey and other parts. Cops (1922): A comedy of errors in which Buster Keaton attempts to win his sweetheart's hand in marriage by becoming a successful businessman. His exploits climax in a chase with an entire police precinct.
- Other information
- Series produced for video by David Shepard.
- First work adapted from William Pittenger's The great locomotive chase.
- Language: Originally silent with English intertitles.
- Publisher's number
- K131 DVD Kino On Video
- Identifying numbers
- OCLC: 42930293