Book , Print in English
Anthropological locations : boundaries and grounds of a field science
edited by Akhil Gupta and James Ferguson.
- Berkeley : University of California Press, ©1997.
- viii, 275 pages ; 24 cm.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower B LevelGN 34.3 .F53 A56 1997 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Jun 27 2018Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
- 1. Discipline and Practice: "The Field" as Site, Method, and Location in Anthropology / Akhil Gupta and James Ferguson
- 2. After Ishmael: The Fieldwork Tradition and Its Future / Henrika Kuklick
- 3. Locating the Past / Mary Des Chene
- 4. News and Culture: Transitory Phenomena and the Fieldwork Tradition Liisa H. Malkki
- 5. African Studies as American Institution / Deborah Amory
- 6. The Waxing and Waning of "Subfields" in North American Sociocultural Anthropology / Jane F. Collier
- 7. Anthropology and the Cultural Study of Science: From Citadels to String Figures / Emily Martin
- 8. "You Can't Take the Subway to the Field!": "Village" Epistemologies in the Global Village / Joanne Passaro
- 9. The Virtual Anthropologist / Kath Weston
- 10. Spatial Practices: Fieldwork, Travel, and the Disciplining of Anthropology / James Clifford.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 223-259) and index.
- 0520206797 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 0520206800 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 96046305
- OCLC: 35714702